Broken sofa arm repair project – part 1

Recently I started a project of repairing a busted sofa arm, you can check out the introductory post about it over here. Basically I managed to get my hands on an older sofa with a broken arm and now I’m working on restoring it. Initially I didn’t know what I got myself into. After some help from my husband, I’m really close to starting to apply a new layer of upholstery, at least on the sofa arm.

Broken sofa arm repair project – part 1

Problem with the arm was that the screws holding it to the rest of the sofa were torn. Actually the thread and everything around the thread where the screws went in was broken, busted.

What my husband needed to do is move the screws to different places on the sofa arm. Luckily there was plenty of other places for the screws to be placed on the inner load bearing “beam” so to speak. After new holes were made for the screws, I needed to return the padding and currently I’m working on changing the upholstery, checkout the image above. This is where we’ve run out of time and it’ll be a couple of days before I can get back to it. Expect updates sooner rather than later. I didn’t this that this project was going to be spread over several articles, but it’s more work than I initially thought. Bare with me, I should have it done in a week or so.

Comments are Disabled