Posts in Category: Projects

Broken sofa arm repair project – part 1

Recently I started a project of repairing a busted sofa arm, you can check out the introductory post about it over here. Basically I managed to get my hands on an older sofa with a broken arm and now I’m working on restoring it. Initially I didn’t know what I got myself into. After some help from my husband, I’m really close to starting to apply a new layer of upholstery, at least on the sofa arm.

Broken sofa arm repair project – the before shot

I’ve been itching to start working on this sofa restore project for quite a while now. Originally I got the idea of doing it after seeing an ad posted on Craigslist where someone was selling a busted sofa, the arm was broken. Price was a bit high at first, but after I managed to get it down to 100$ plus delivery by haggling, I bought it. I guess the people were in a hurry to sell.